How To Get Around The City?
List of public transport services in KL
- Putra LRT aka Kelana Jaya Line www.myrapid.com.my
- Star LRT aka Sri Petaling Line ww.myrapid.com.my
- Monorail ww.myrapid.com.my
- MRT aka Sungai Buluh – Kajang Line ww.myrapid.com.my
- KTM www.ktmb.com.my
- KLIA Express www.kliaekspres.com
- Rapid KL Bus
- BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) Elevated Bus Lane only
- Go KL – www.gokl.com.my A Smarter Way to Travel. Saves money, convenient & eco-friendly. Go KL is a public bus service that offers free rides for commuters within the Central Business District (CBD) of Kuala Lumpur.
- Metro Bus
- Uber (e-hailing) – www.uber.com
- Grab – E-hailing, www.grab.com works like Uber too
1. Use the travel card for the train system (Touch&Go and Rapid Card) for more convenient travel.
2. If you travelling with kids, going on the monorail will be a big treat for them.
3. Avoid the peak hours which is from 7.00am-9.00am and 5.00pm-6.00pm.
- By Train
KLIA Express is the train that goes to the KLIA Airport. From KL Sentral it takes 17 minutes to Putrajaya Sentral or 10 minutes from the airport. Putrajaya Sentral is the Putrajaya transportation hub which is just approximately 10 minutes drive from Putrajaya.
2. By Bus
Rapid KL Bus Routes
RapidKL is one of the main bus companies that operate in this terminal. The main routes and the bus no are:
U42 : Putrajaya – Serdang KTM Komuter
This route takes you to Dataran Putrajaya, Presint 8, Tasik Putra Club, Sri Perdana Bridge, Persiaran Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, Botanical Garden, Persiaran Utara, SKVE (South Klang Valley Expressway), BESRAYA highway before stopping at Serdang KTM Komuter train station.
U43 : Putrajaya – Bandar Utama
This route uses LDP highway and pass by TESCO Puchong, IOI Mall Puchong, Kelana Jaya Giant Hypermarket, Kelana Jaya LRT, Kolej Damansara Utama (KDU), Uptown Damansara Utama, Sri Pentas TV3 and 1 Utama Shopping Centre.
T429 : Putrajaya – Cyberjaya Transport Terminal (CTT)
This is the bus to take if you intend to go to Cyberjaya, the Intelligent City of Malaysia. It will pass Century Square, Multimedia Development Corporation headquarters, Cyberjaya transport Terminal, Multimedia University, Cyberia Crescent Condominium and Cyberia Smarthomes.
E1 : Putrajaya – Terminal Jalan Sultan Mohamad via Lebuhraya Kuala Lumpur-Seremban
This express bus route go to terminal Jalan Sultan Mohamad in Kuala Lumpur using the KL-Seremban Highway.
Putrajaya Bus Routes
Putrajaya buses take you to places within the city of Putrajaya. There are about 5 types of bus services that you can take depending on the time and location that you would like to go.
Putrajaya L Buses
The L buses with numbers L01, L02, L03, L04, L05, L06, L07, L08, L09 and L10 will operate from 6:30am to 7:30pm daily except Sat, Sunday and public holidays.
Putrajaya N Buses
The N buses with numbers N01, N02, N03, N04, N05, N06, N07 and N08 will operate from 8pm to 12:00 midnight daily except Sat, Sunday and public holidays.
Putrajaya J Buses
The J buses with numbers J01, J02, J03, J05, J08 and J09 will operate from Putrajaya to outside of the city such as Cyberjaya, UNITEN and IOI City Mall.
Putrajaya D Buses
The D buses with numbers D01 to D36, S01 and S02 are designed to cater for office people. It will operate from residential areas to the major offices in Putrajaya. Operation time is from 6:30am to 8:30am and 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
Putrajaya School Buses
This service is provided to fetch children from their houses to the schools in Putrajaya.
Here are a comprehensive detail of the route for each of the 5 type of services provided by Putrajaya buses.
Click here for further information on getting to and around Putrajaya http://www.malaysiavacationguide.com/putrajaya-sentral.html